This 2 day class is a must for ArcPad power users and Mobile GIS administrators wanting to maximize the success of their Mobile GIS projects by harnessing the customization capabilities of ArcPad 10.
Day 1: Introduction to ArcPad 10 workflows and ArcPad Studio
- ArcPad 10 workflows and files.
- Configuring ArcPad’s base tools and toolbars and arranging them for maximum productivity.
- Configuring and deploying preferences.
- Data check out and check in workflows using the ArcPad 8 Data Manager extension.
- Symbology, colors, labeling, size of datasets and other deployment considerations.
- Introduction to ArcPad Studio 10.
- Using ArcPad Studio in “Expert Mode” and troubleshooting AXF files.
- Creating data entry and query forms using ArcPad Studio 10.
- Applying “templates” to efficiently re-use custom forms and scripts.
Day 2: Advanced Customization and Scripting with ArcPad Studio
- Introduction to scripting with the ArcPad object model.
- Creating applets and custom tools in ArcPad Studio.
- Automatically populating forms and tables with scripts.
- Authenticating users with login forms and validating user input.
- Enhancing forms and tools with scripts using ArcPad Studio and the ArcPad Object Model.
- Class project – putting it all together to develop and deploy a custom ArcPad 10 application.