Immediately become productive with ArcPad 10’s core functions with hands-on field and office exercises. Dig into the enhanced ArcGIS Desktop data management tools and enrich your field experience with free ArcGIS Online basemaps and Bing Maps. Learn how to use ArcPad Studio to create custom toolbars, data entry forms, and task lists, tailored to your specific projects and workflows – all with no programming required.
The 2-day ArcPad Bootcamp™ teaches critical ArcPad field GIS data collection and mapping skills regardless of which PDA/GPS system you currently use or plan to use. You will learn the following and more:
- ArcPad 10 fundamentals including core concepts, tools, and functions of ArcPad.
- Configure your base tools and toolbars and arrange them for maximum productivity.
- Start your project quickly, including tapping into readily available background data.
- Configure ArcPad to work with YOUR GPS device.
- Collect GPS and laser offset features in our hands-on data capture field sessions.
- Link photos to your GIS features in the field.
- Learn the basics of data check out and check in workflows using the ArcPad 10 Data Manager extension.
- Step into customization. Create project specific tools and toolbars, data entry and query forms, and task lists using ArcPad Studio 10.